Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Still winter here

Sharon talked about how beautiful springtime was in Las Vegas. Alas, it is still winter in Washington. It isn't really all that cold but we have been getting the rain. I'm not complaining because it is badly needed. I have seen a few signs of spring -- the forsethia (Sp?)is in bloom and the crocus have started poking their heads through. There is still no popcorn on the apricot tree -- we will have to wait a little bit to sing that song. However, I noticed that the calendar said that we were supposed to report in last Sunday. I'm a couple of days late but I guess that's okay as there were no points given for it. Just blame it on daylight savings time! I'm so sad to report that I only walked 3 days last week. I blamed it on the rain but I did manage to walk a couple of days in the rain. I'll just blame it on the fact that I'm in a funk right now. I get that way every once in a while and it takes me a couple of weeks to bring myself out of it. I didn't walk yesterday but I did today (in the rain). I hope to get in three more days this week. We'll see! Thanks Keith for showing us that you are not super human after all. I can't even use broken ribs as an excuse. I can't wait until Thursday so I can eat something green. I have already decided that we are going to have Andes Mints for dessert. They're green!!! If anyone has any words of encouragement, I could sure use them.

Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment