Monday, March 28, 2011

Gentle prod

Thanks for the gentle prod. I knew this was coming up and that I should get busy so here goes:

I wake up on the morning of December 31, 2011 feeling great. I'm going to conquer the world. I jump out of bed and juantily mince over to the window. (Can any of you picture me juantily mincing anywhere without laughing out loud [LOL]?)I briskly raise the blind to greet the world only to be greeted back by a foot of snow on the ground. I quickly jump back in bed and turn up the electric blanket a notch and snuggle down to wait until my hip tells me, "Enough is enough. You've lain on me long enough. I've had it and it's time to get up."

Okay, just read the first four sentences and we'll pick it up from there. But first I will add a pinch of Sharon and Marie's optimism. I've never let a little bit of snow deter me before but instead of putting on my walking shoes and heading out into the storm, I put on my walking shoes and hop on my recumbant bicycle that Dad gave me for my birthday. I feel great! I will get my exercise that way. I can't let a little bit of snow keep me from my goal of walking 4 times a week and losing some weight in the process, although that wasn't my goal. After all, what joy in life does a 75 year old woman have besides food?

Okay, is that worth a point? If not, let me know and I'll see if I can come up with another story. I mean, it's all about points, isn't it?

Love, Mom

1 comment:

  1. This is definitely well worth a point! I think it's good to inject a little realism with the optimism! Is that birthday bike really going to happen? I hope so!!!

    ReplyDelete