Thursday, March 31, 2011

Lean, Mean, Fighting Machine

Yeah, that's right! I will be lean and cocky, able to take on the world. Feeling good -- strutting around in my modest yet form fitting jeans . . . rocking the muscles, able to take on anyone in an arm wrestling contest. Lots of energy and able to make some Rocky moves!! I will fly like a butterfly and sting like a bee.

BTW Courtney and I went to Goodwill and bought some exercise videos. On Saturday we attempted to run (for me it is run/walk) to the Middle School but got rained out. It was pelting us, people!! So we came home and did some pilates and "the Crunch". We were getting crazy with the crunch (exact words used in the video).

I have done the elliptical every day this week except on Wednesday . . . I went to the temple to get spiritual strength. (interesting side note -- We have to take 5 different freeways to get to the temple -- crazy driving -- I took the Spanish Branch missionaries {who are from Utah} and they were impressed with the route we had to take).

But alas I'm not making progress in weight loss. I think I will have to modify my goal of just exercising and throw some dieting in there.

1 comment:

  1. You're doing great by establishing the workout habit - keep that going strong and it will pay off. The eating side of it is crucial if you want to see the weight come down. Just focus on 1 or 2 things to improve upon next week. Don't think complete overhaul. That's too overwhelming. Like, for me, my nightly snack binging is my biggest challenge right now, so I am going to only allow 3 snack nights next week. I'll try to space them out so I have something to look forward to. This is gonna be tuff for me. I'll tell you how it goes. Once I get a handle on that one, I'll move on to the next eating issue I want to improve.

    ReplyDelete