Thursday, February 23, 2012

Where to begin?

There is a lot that I want to do this year. I am tired of feeling so lethargic all of the time and by golly I am going to do something about it. My main goal this year is to drop below 200 pounds. I am actually making some progress on this right now. I began doing the HCG diet last Friday and have already lost 8.5 pounds. I decided that I needed a little kick in the pants to get me motivated to keep going. I am doing this with my roommate and am very glad for the support system there. It is a very difficult regimen for the first little while and things get boring fast, but I have determined to conquer myself this year.

I have many many other smaller goals that will help me accomplish this goal. I also will not eat after 9:00. I am going to try a flexitarian diet once I am off of HCG, I decided I needed a plan on how I was going to keep the weight off and this is what I have decided. I am going to by the end of the year cut out all soda from my diet. I am already weaned on to diet. I want to pick up cycling and have a great bike already that needs to get some use. I also want to play tennis once a week once the weather picks up. I cannot workout right now with HCG because I only eat 500 calories a day and I would run out of energy before I was done with the warm up. So I have been working on my flexibility. I want to touch my toes comfortably by June. I am limiting myself to 2 hours of television a day.

I already am feeling great from being on this diet less than a week. It is strange, but I have more energy and my body doesn't want to sleep in anymore. I feel like I am actually living now. I am ready to get this going. Oh and I have a goal for before I turn 30 and that is to run a marathon. I feel like that is when I will know that I have truly conquered myself. So I guess I should try to fit in a fun run or a 3K sometime this year. I know this is ambitious but I know that I can do it with help from you guys. This blog really does help me think about my health so much more. Thanks to everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm pumped up just reading about your goals and how enthusiastic you are! You have some great aspirations and some great plans to get you there.

    I can't wait to see how things go throughout the year!

    ReplyDelete