Okay, this is my first recipe to share. The only problem is that I haven't tried it yet. But it sounds really good. I will get the stuff when I go to the store this week and let you know if I like it.
LEMON GREEK SALAD
1 medium unpared cucumber
2 cups bite-size pieces spinach
2 cups bite-size pieces Boston lettuce
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 Tbsp sliced green onions (with tops)
10 pitted ripe olives, sliced
1 medium tomato, cut into thin wedges
Lemon and Mustard Dressing (below)
Score cucumber by running tines of fork lengthwise down sides; slice. Toss cucumber and remaining ingredients.
4 servings
Lemon and Mustard Dressing
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/8 tsp pepper
Shake all incredients in lightly covered container.
Nutrition information per serving.
Calories: 110
Protein, g 4
Carbohydrate, g 8
Fat, g 7
Cholesterol, mg 10
Sodium, mg 210
Potassium, mg 480
Let me know if it's any good.
Yum-ola. I have the ingredients for the dressing already so I'm gonna make that for my next whatever salad. I'm going to sub the sugar with some Splenda. I often do that in salad dressings and it turns out great!
ReplyDeleteWelcome, Dave. This must be the year of the Jeff Taylor family. Watch out for them! At least you have Erin to poke you in the ribs even if she won't write your emails. I wish you success in meeting your goals.
ReplyDeleteMom (Grandma)