I decided not to make my goal weight related this year; I get discouraged if the weight isn't coming off.
My main goal is to exercise 4 times a week and incorporate strength exercises. I will also train for a sprint triathlon on Sept. 1st, run in a dirty dash on June 1st, and try a new healthy recipe each month. I found a blog I really like called www.skinnytaste.com that has some yummy sounding recipes.
Dave and I are so excited to get into shape and feel good about ourselves! I don't want Madison and our future children to grow up in a sedentary home.
Oh, and Ashlee, can I come play tennis with you?!
I love our family and I wish you all good luck this year!
Good thinking, Erin. You have a healthy attitude. You can win this hands down if you will just report in every month and give lots of encouragement to everyone. Do like Sharon and Keith do -- take Madison with you while you train. Don't let an old 76-year-old beat you out this year. I may have more time but you have more strength and stamina.
ReplyDeleteI like how you are choosing goals that will motivate YOU and make YOU feel better. Goal-setting is such a personal thing and it takes practice too, just like everything else in life. Each year, I think we'll all be a little more successful at this Golden Sneaker challenge.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the website, too, I'm gonna check it out!
So I might have to rescind the goal of the sprint triathlon just in case we don't have enough money to register and buy all the equipment. Dave and I were talking about it last night, and those sprint triathlons are expensive! We will still train for one though.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I would love to do some event every weekend, if I could afford it! They do add up and I find I have to pick and choose and plan it all into the budget. Maybe just create an event on your own. Pick a date and then just time yourselves swimming, running and biking a certain distance. You don't even have to do all of them on the same day!
DeleteI think I'm going to run the same half marathon course that I did last year but instead of registering and paying for it, I'm just going to do it on my own and bring Keith along!