Wednesday, February 29, 2012

10,000 steps

Whoever thought up the idea of walking 10,000 steps a day? It wasn't Sharon, was it? You have to remember that I'm old and don't have all these new-fangled helps in my life. So, I decided that I would walk around the block and count my steps. I counted a little over 1,100. I was lamenting the fact to Dad and he went on line and found out that 10,000 steps was indeed about 5 miles. So he got me a battery for my pedometer and I put it on this morning. Sadly, I missed a few steps because I didn't put it on first thing in the morning and I went out and did some shopping. It is now about 4:30 and I am up to 3, 132 steps and the day is almost over. So, I think you are wise to start slower and work up to it. Five miles is quite a ways. I do try to get in a few steps every chance I get. For instance, if I have something to put in the waste basket, I will walk to the waste basket that is fartherest away. And I try to get up and walk around during the commercials when I watch TV. I hate those shows that have a lot of commercials. And I try to park a little farther away from the store I'm going to. I'm finding that every step adds up.

Don't give up, Al, and keep up the positive attitude and good work.

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment