Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Second month in and going strong!

This is a dual purpose post.


I was really struck by one of the quotes Mom put in her last letter so it is my new official mantra.


I’ve learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance.

– Maya Angelou


That's life's plan in a nutshell.


As for the last couple weeks, they've been pretty good. Two weeks ago I logged 12.5 miles plus three weight workouts. Last week I only ran two day for a total of 7.4 miles but I did P90 cardio one day and skied two day. This week I've already put in 12 miles with two workout days left to go. I want to get up to 20 miles a week without feeling close to death.


I'm telling you, the Nike+ thing is pretty cool. I love tracking my miles and times and pace and calories burned and automatically posting it to my facebook wall so I can brag. I haven't lost any weight and even though that wasn't one of my goals, I would still like to shed a few pounds. It just makes me realize how important the quality and quantity of food intake is.


Like the photo illustrates, it's always nice to have friends/co-workers/family to push you. I wasn't planning on doing Ab Ripper X, but somebody suggested it so we did it. (My boss took the photo and put it on facebook)


Hope everybody's enjoying some success and feeling motivated!


1 comment:

  1. I love the picture! Wow, I wish we all worked in such a healthfully motivating place! I also like seeing your running mileage posted regularly! It keeps me motivated. Such a mileage/pace/progress device like you have is definitely on my wish list. I use mapmyrun.com a lot. They of course want you to pay for a membership, but I can still track my routes for free to find out my mileage and it's pretty amazing how detailed and precise the maps are! I type in my home address so I know how long all my neighborhood routes are starting from my doorstep. It's a good option for those of us who don't have the fancy schmancy techno devices yet!

    ReplyDelete