Though I have continued wearing my pedometer and my goal has been to get above 10,000 steps in a day. (I think this is the recommended amount for a healthy life style) I generally meet this goal every day. This may come from the fact that it is very difficult to find parking on campus and I generally do have to walk from what many affectionately call Outer Darkness. So I guess I only really need to work on 2 things from Sharon's list :).
Another help in my life to be healthier is that my roommate, Krista, was been diagnosed with celiac disease today and can no longer have foods containing gluten, milk, or eggs. She is having a hard time with this because she is thinking about all of the things she can't have. So I told her that it would only be a benefit because we actually have to think about what we can eat, and that we will have to be creative. We have already been trying to cut our carbs and have been creative by making "spaghetti" with asparagus for the noodles and a parma rosa sauce. It was actually really good. We are going to have to start making things from scratch now too because there are lots processed foods that have gluten in them.
All in all things are looking up. And if the weather would just make up its darn mind and stay warm I am ready to break my bike out of storage, I was hoping we would have good weather this weekend. Oh well until then I will stick to the gym and workout tapes.
What a great way to look at your roommate's new dietary restrictions! It'll be a challenge, but like you say, it'll be good to focus on ways to be healthier. Also, you need to try using spaghetti squash as spaghetti. Just like the asparagus, it's a low-cal veggie and a great subsitute flavor and texture-wise for the pasta. You just bake it and then use a fork to scoop the innards out. Yum!
ReplyDelete