I guess we need to update everyone on how we are doing, which I not sure that I want to do, but figure it is my for my own good to be accountable. Plus it might motivate me to keep a report of my progress. I have a goal to loss 100 lbs, I was worried about this but if I do it I will be happy for accomplishing my goal. Well, since January 1st I have lost 19 lbs. Many of you haven't seen me and for those who have probably just didn't notice but since October I have lost 70lbs. The greatest thing about this is even losing that much weight my body feels better. It has been easier to get around, not being so tired and being able to do more. My problem now is I can't keep my pants up and I am going to have to either get a new belt or some new pants. The thing that has helped me is cutting back on what I eat. As a result my appetite has changed and I eat half of what I used to. One of the things that has also helped me is that I feel the Lord has been helping me over the last several months. I feel like he is making me a better person. I have been working on many aspect of my life and things have been improving. I look forward to some better weather and have plans to stay active with my kids this summer.
We are planning on planting a garden and many other things as a family. I am not one who has ever enjoyed running, but I do like to stay active and my kids need to be able to release that energy. My quote: "Do what you can and can the rest" This is a quote that came from my Mission Presidents wife. It is something that I have always tried to live, somethings are out of our hands and when we can't do it, that is when the Lord will help us.
Awesome Al! You got it going on. I feel you on those food portions. It's one of easier things to do, but one of the most difficult at the same time.
ReplyDeleteKeep on keeping on!
I'm not surprised you're feeling the Lord's blessings in your "healthier" pursuits. I find that when I'm striving to improve a certain aspect in my life, my efforts spill into other areas in my life that then start improving too! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and progress!
ReplyDelete