Friday, February 18, 2011

Check In

Hey everyone -- It's about time I checked in! I have been accomplishing my goal of 90 minutes of exercise a week but I really wanted to improve on that and extend myself. Part of the 90 minutes has been a weekly walk with friends which doesn't feel like a real workout to me. I know it is part of just being active but I feel I need to get my heart rate up. The weather hasn't cooperated as well. I know . . . California is supposed to be great but we have had a lot of rain so it has hampered our trips to the track. I was doing well but my enemy is food. I was slimming down (just a little), feeling better but then was derailed by the dessert auction at church. Everyone is so busy that the family exercise, bonding time hasn't happened. Hey, I did take the stairs at the Doctor's office when I went to pick up the kid's forms and it is great to read about everyone's success -- helps to motivate! . . . As a matter of fact I'm going to work out on the elliptical right now! BTW . . . Quote is coming soon!!

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff, Jenny. My general eating philosophy is the 80/20 rule. 80% of the time, eat clean, healthy food while the other 20% is our "fudge factor" (often, literally). This helps you to not beat yourself up any time you indulge. It's actually an acceptable part of eating healthy. Then you just get right back into the 80% as soon as possible. Also, be proud of any amount of physical activity you get! A large part of being successful is just getting consistent and creating the habit.

    ReplyDelete