Wednesday, February 16, 2011

New Shoes

This is Mom on February 16, 2011

I want to report that I went out and bought me a new pair of walking shoes that cost me an arm and a leg. I tried to get them to take two legs as my arms seem to work without much pain -- if you don't count my hands. I also bought me a pair of shoes to wear to church which also cost me an arm and a leg. Then I went to the grocery store where I parked on the far side of the parking lot. Then I walked to the dollar store and back to the car and then into the grocery store where I pushed a cart around and around -- at least 10 miles. It was at lunchtime so I killed two birds with one stone. I usually eat oatmeal for breakfast twice a week but I told Dad this morning not to make me any because he makes it with very little salt and I can't bring myself to eat it. I bought some celery to eat everyday at lunchtime. I want to tell Ashlee that I love her and I'm glad she is working to improve her health and happiness. I am so proud of her. So that's a pretty good start on the first day after I received the challenge. Please keep in mind that my walks are more like strolls, but I'm trying.

1 comment:

  1. Good job on the shoes, Mom! Yes, it's painful to dig into the wallet sometimes, but it will be money well-spent! My favorite way to flavor oatmeal is this: First, I microwave 1/2 cup of quick oats with just under 1 cup almond milk (I LOVE this stuff: Almond Breeze unsweetened vanilla milk has only 40 calories per cup as opposed to 90 calories in a cup of skim milk. Plus it is so creamy and yummy that it goes wonderfully with things like oatmeal and I mix my protein shakes with it instead of water. It's a great way to get extra calcium, protein and a little bit of "good" fat in for very few calories!) Anyway, I cook it about 2 minutes, pour a little more almond milk in to cool it and get it to consistency I like. Then I add 2 pakcets of splenda, a teaspoon or so of Brummel and Brown (another thing I LOVE! It's a "buttery" spread that is made with yogurt and contains 50% of the calories and fat as real butter and it tastes WAY better than any of the margarines or other "spreads" out there). Then I add a pinch of cinnamon to taste and it's AWESOME. Chop up a half a banana to mix in and it is INSANELY delicious.

    ReplyDelete