Sunday, February 27, 2011

Plugging Along

I have been making good progress this week. I think part of it has to do with the fact that I am in the process of moving. There is a hidden workout for sure. I have been walking around the house and packing things up, lifting heavy objects, and walking up and down 2 flights of stairs more times than I can count. My roommates parents are renting out a house to us that they just bought an are allowing us to slowly move in over the next little while since we are so pressed for time and can't seem to pull off a move in the normal amount of time. Anyhow, I have been substituting my workouts for 3+ hour moving sessions. They seem to be doing a little bit more for me since I have lost 6 pounds over the past couple of weeks.
It may be more than just this extra physical activity I have been getting in, but it could also be that I am eating healthier. I am eating at home far more often now, and eating many more fruits and vegetables since they are a common thing both my roommate and I can eat. We are slowly adjusting to her new diet, but it is certainly for the better.
My weight loss could be attributed also towards the bonus point challenge for this month. As I said before I got a freebie with the parking one. I always have to walk quite a distance from my parking spot at work. Also as I said before I am eating more fruits and veggies. I am trying to make them green and fibrous, but I just can't do celery. Instead I eat kiwis, asparagus, and grapes. Also as I said above, I have been doing a lot more housework and since I am trying to make it count for a work out, I am certainly giving it a little more gusto. I also have been eating oatmeal for breakfast at least 4-5 times a week. Regardless of where my pounds were lost, I am happy they were and I hope not to find them again. Also I must say thanks for this extra challenge this month because it certainly helps me to keep my ultimate goal in mind.

1 comment:

  1. I'd say you're more than just "plugging along". You're doing great especially considering all you've got going on! Good luck with the move and I'm so glad you've been able to make it work for your fitness plan! I know that your nutritional adjustments are definitely helping you, so keep it up!

    ReplyDelete