Yes it is now the end of September and I am finally reporting on August. I have a list of excuses but none of them are good enough for me not to have reported.
Jeff and I did the challenge, he made 7 days and I made it 8. I have to say this was one of the harder challenges for me to accomplish. Getting in 7 fruits or Vegtables was amazingly difficult for me, who knew it would be so hard. Maybe if my tomatoes would have been ripe at that time it would have been easier. I know Erin said it is very expensive to do it without a garden. I know that we either pay for it now or in the long run, but the now is where we are at and it is hard to look to the future at times.
Anyway that is our report.
I will try and comitt to do better in the future. I have been exercising again so at least I am off to a good start that way.
Enjoy Conference,
Love you all,
Marie
Thanks for reporting in! Better late than never, huh? That's been my mantra lately, anyway. Eating a lot of fresh fruits and veggies can add up, cost-wise, BUT I'm convinced that if we swap it for some of the junk that most of us typically buy, it won't impact our grocery bill as much as we think. I've found that if I do use a combination of fresh (especially seasonal), canned and frozen, it's quite affordable. I've said it before: find ways to sneak canned/frozen and/or shredded veggies into your main dishes and, viola!, you've taken care of at least one serving without thinking about it. Make friends with smoothies. I get at least 2 of my servings there easily and deliciously. (I will share my latest favorite recipe real soon... promise!)
ReplyDeleteI agree, it was a trickier challenge than I expected and I hope it got us eating more fruits/veggies even if we didn't manage to get the lucky #7 servings!