Friday, March 18, 2011

Green for St. Pattys Day

Nothing fun here, our green was spinach in our lettuce salad. I like the dark green of spinach in our salad so it makes it healthier. No yummy brownies either, darn.?

I want to thank you all for your posts. The encouragment I get from reading them and knowing I am not always alone in my struggles really help. Thank You

A couple of years ago when I lost all that weight I was helped with this saying that I came up with. "Food is a Fuel not a Filler." I would ask myself "how much fuel do I need for my body to function, and, is this the right fuel for my body?" I hope this helps some of us.

LOL (That stands for "Lots of Love" when it comes from me.) For the longest time I thought that that is what it really stood for, not Laugh out Loud

Marie

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I like that reminder about food being our fuel. We need to have the mentality of eating to live and only occasionally living to eat. And on the salad side of things, I recently read about a man who lost a significant amount of weight. He was used to eating large portions but he stopped allowing himself any second helpings on the meal itself. If he still wanted to eat after his sensible portion, he would permit eating only salad as his seconds. So he still felt satisfied but for only a fraction of the calories.

    ReplyDelete