Saturday, October 1, 2011

Killing 2 birds with one stone

I apologize for not posting for a while. I have been busy for almost a solid 2 months. August was full of 2 a day practices I had to cover and so that left only enough time for sleeping and eating. And September brought many challenges as well one of which was our internet service was being quite fickle. Anyhow I would like to report that I did attempt August's Grueling challenge and I only accomplished 6 days of feeling like a vegetable since that is what it made me feel like after stuffing myself to the brim with those. I can definately say that has probably been the most challenging of all of the challenge's so far.

As for September's challenge I did get in 2 great work outs this week. We don't have any television at our house because I am to cheap to pay for cable as well as an antenna. So I had been waiting to watch the TV on Hulu the next day. And since I said our internet was being fickle I needed a way to fill the void in my life every night I wanted to catch up on the office of Parks and Rec, or Grey's Anatomy. Then I remembered I have a membership to Gold's Gym. And yeah I did have to remember. I really don't go that often. Anyhow, they have cable there and they also have many cardio machines with a tv mounted right in front of you at arms length. It truly was a perfect match for me. So I have been going to the gym for 2 hours a night and watching television. It is fantastic. Commercials aren't quite as bothersome anymore. I have been doing an hour on the elliptical burning around 900 calories and then I move over to the bike and do that for as long as I can before my legs tell me enough is enough. Then I will move over and walk on the treadmill. I haven't been burning much for that second hour since the bike and walking are easier. all in all I burn around 1200 calories a night.

I like doing the elliptical the most since I burn the most calories and can just get into a rhythm and keep a consistent pace. Eventually I am going to incorporate some weight training in. But I have less motivation since there aren't TV's attached to all the weight machines.

So there it is that is how I killed 2 birds with one stone.

1 comment:

  1. I love the multi-tasking. Especially when it turns a usually-sedentary activity into an active one. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete