Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Clutter

Gosh, Sharon, You don't know what clutter is. Wait until you have 50 years of it. That said, I will report that I picked a project and have completed it. Now, the real challenge comes with keeping it that way. I chose to clean the cupboard in the old bathroom. I originally set a goal to just clean the top shelf but got carried away and cleaned the whole cupboard. Yes, I finally got rid of those old hot curlers, the brush curlers and the pink foam curlers. I will try to go through it again as there is more stuff I think could be thrown out. Some of that stuff, I'm sure has been there for 40 years along with the dust on top of them. I found tubes of Zinc Oxide that I'm sure I used on all of your bottoms. There were also tubes of neosporin, Desitin and even a couple of tubes of Preparation H. Where did that come from? I think that everytime we needed something we ran down and bought it instead of looking through the cupboard. I threw out tons of travel sized shampoo, conditioner and lotion. I threw them all out as I don't think I will ever travel again. And they've probably been up there for years. I found an old electrical adapter that I took to Europe so I could use my curling iron and blow dryer. There are about three curling irons and I don't know where they came from. Is anybody missing any?

I continue to work on the basement but that is slow going as I can only go through a box at a time because I have to decide what to do with the stuff that is in them. Help!! I think that is worth a point.

Love, Mom

1 comment: