A few weeks ago I had the desire to make something with butternut squash. I have never cooked butternut squash but I thought it was worth a try. I found a recipe called black bean and butternut squash burritos on a vegan blog. Dave always gets nervous when I make something vegetarian but he is always a good sport. Well, when he tasted the first bite he loved it!! The burritos were a little sweet because of the squash and a little spicy because of the cayenne pepper. It was the perfect combination of flavors. I enjoyed these burritos so much that I had to share them. I let my mom taste the black bean and squash mixture and she loved it to. She loved it so much that we got together yesterday and made them again. Every one else seemed to like them too. I like to serve the burritos in a low-carb tortilla my mom found at Costco; the brand is La Tortilla Factory.
Here is a link to the recipe:
If you like butternut squash you will love these burritos!
Well, I hope everyone is doing well and surviving the cold. It is bitter cold here in Utah! I don't think we have been above freezing for 3 weeks. I an anxiously waiting for spring!
No comments:
Post a Comment