Now more than ever I need to make healthy recipes for me and
my family. I have the hardest time
resisting all the holiday goodies. My
game plan at this time of year is to focus on eating healthy during the day so
that I can indulge a little at night.
I have tried some new healthy recipes the past few months
that I wanted to share with everyone.
First, we have enjoyed using our Blendtec for smoothies, but we have a
new favorite recipe. Whole Wheat
Pancakes!!! Madison asks for these all
the time. Unfortunately I don’t know how to adapt these pancakes to making them
without the Blendtec; I am guessing that you just use whole wheat flour (I am
just not sure how much).
Whole Wheat Pancakes
1 ½ C low-fat milk
1 C wheat berries
2 Tbsp canola oil
2 lg eggs
2 Tbsp granulated sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
½ tsp kosher salt
These pancakes take me minutes to make and they are cheap
and easy!
The next recipe also is made in my blender. Everyone loves spinach and artichoke dip,
right? Well, I have a recipe for a lighter version of the delicious dip. It is a perfect party dip. Bryant even requested that I make it for his
homecoming lunch.
Creamy Spinach Dip
2 tsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
4 C spinach, lightly packed
½ tsp crushed red pepper
1 C low-fat cottage cheese
4 oz Neufchatel cheese
¼ C Parmesan cheese
Heat oil in sauté pan and add garlic, spinach, and red
pepper flakes. Cook until spinach is
wilted and set aside. Add cottage cheese
and Neufchatel cheese to jar and secure lid.
Blend just before smooth. Add
Parmesan cheese and sautéed ingredients to jar and secure lid. Blend until ingredients are incorporated; do
not over-blend.
The last recipe I want to share is one I found on
skinnytaste.com. It is called spinach
lasagna roll-ups. It was a good recipe, but Dave and I decided that in order to
make it really good we need to use a really good marinara sauce. These are a great way to eat pasta because
they are perfectly portioned.
Spinach Lasagna Rolls
9 lasagna noodles, cooked
10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and completely drained
15 oz fat free ricotta cheese
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
1 egg
Salt and fresh pepper
32 oz tomato sauce
9 Tbsp part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine spinach, ricotta, parmesan, egg, salt, and pepper in a medium
bowl. Ladle about 1 cup sauce on the bottle of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
Place a piece of wax paper on the counter and lay out
lasagna noodles. Make sure noodles are
dry. Take 1/3 cup of ricotta mixture and
spread evenly over noodle. Roll
carefully and place seam side down onto the baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.
Ladle sauce over the noodles in the baking dish and top each
one with 1 tbsp mozzarella cheese. Put
foil over baking dish and bake for 40 minutes or until cheese melts. Makes 9 rolls.
Well, those are the recipes I have tried recently. Even though we are almost done with our goals
for 2012 I am going to continue trying new healthy recipes. When I find something delicious I will send
the recipes your way.
I love you all and hope you all have a Merry Christmas!!
These sound fantastic. Thanks Erin!
ReplyDelete