Tuesday, October 30, 2012

SUGAR problems!

So last week I got back from a trip to California; I wouldn't call it a vacation but my exercising and good food habits did take a vacation. I am not good at eating well and exercising at anyone else's house. Now that I am back I am slowly getting back to normal. I downloaded an app that tracks your calories to help me get back on track. This program tells you how many calories, sugars, fat, etc. you should eat.

This program tells me that I should eat no more than 31 grams of sugar each day. That seemed like a lot of sugar to me until I tracked my breakfast I ate this morning. As you know Dave and I bought a Blend tec and we enjoy green smoothies every morning. Well, I entered in the foods I put into my smoothie and the program said the smoothie has 18.6 grams of sugar per serving. I thought I was being a good girl by eating greens and fruit, but all that fruit is taking up over half of my sugar consumption for the day! 

So here is my question, should I stop drinking green smoothies or eating fruit? According to this program I will eat too much sugar everyday even without eating Halloween candy! This discovery dampened my spirits a little bit. Please tell me it is fine to eat fruit and that the program is wrong! I don't always understand nutrition. 

I hope everyone is doing well and that everyone is happy and healthy! Oh, and congratulations to Jerica on getting engaged! 


No comments:

Post a Comment