Okay, if you've already bought your candy, don't open it until the moment you need to hand it out. Too late again?
All right, all right - here's the REAL challenge:
By the way, good job to any of you who have accomplished either/both of the above challenges but assuming that most of us haven't been that disciplined, I'm focusing on improving the aftermath of the nutritional debacle known as Halloween:
![]() |
| Aww, makes me wonder what little Madison will be for Halloween! |
Challenge: Get rid of any Halloween candy you have left by the end of election day, November 6. Give yourself/your kids a week to enjoy the spoils of All Hallows' Eve.... maybe even celebrate the outcome of the election (because Obama WILL be out... we hope, we hope, we hope) but come daybreak on November 7, the leftovers go promptly in the trash.
So make sure you've eaten any of the good stuff you want, then throw it out and clean up your eating for a few weeks before the next round of holiday goodies! I think we should enjoy our holidays, but we don't need to prolong the debauchery so that it becomes a two-and-a-half-month-long "chew-chew" ride on the (literal) gravy train. (Can you believe I just made that up... I know - waaaaay clever).
So.... you get 1 point if you wave bye-bye to your left-over candy by November 7.
And don't forget to vote!

I did vote! And all the Halloween candy is OUT of the house. It helped that I didn't buy very much candy in the first place, the kids didn't go trick-or-treating and I had extra eaters help out.
ReplyDeleteGood job, Jenny! I have to admit we still have candy in our house, so I didn't earn the point from the challenge. In my defense, we'd gotten rid of the trick or treat candy but then Keith's mom gave us a huge ziplock of her leftover candy... and we did partake. But this Sunday, it's going to the Bishop's office, so it'll be OUT!
ReplyDeleteI don't know how to make a comment and this probably won't go. The candy is still sitting on my bed. I did vote -- not that it did any good. Does anyone want to come up and we'll have a pot party. I've been reading everyone's comments. I think everyone has to decide on what they can live with. The only plan that I had success with was one I could live with. The thought of going the rest of my life without a peanut butter sandwich was too much for me. So every Saturday I allowed myself a delicious openfaced peanut butter and honey sandwich. Also, I couldn't stand going to church functions or parties where people bragged about the diets they were having success with while passing on the desserts that were being passed around. I also had a family to cook for and couldn't go on any special diets. So I just cut down on portions and continued to walk. I didn't even keep track of how long my walks were. I also joined a TOPPS group and had to weigh in every week so I knew I wasn't gaining any weight. I was doing the best of any of them and winning the kitty every week. TOPPS is a good group to join if you need moral support. I felt really good about myself but, as you can see, life got in the way and I quit TOPPS and gained most of it back. Everyone wants to be healthy and eat healthy but it does take some effort. I just don't think you should let it rule your life. At my age and my situation in life, food is one of the few enjoyments I have and I guess I don't want to give it up. However, I have continued to walk and do some exercises. Now, I can't walk anymore so I have gone to the bike and do that at least three times a week for a half hour. That's the best I can do at this point of my life. But I love reading what everyone else is doing. Just be happy. Love, Mom
ReplyDelete