Well, thanks to the Weekly Progress Report surveys I know how several of you did this week. And, as I expected, it was quite a mixed bag of results! I'm glad to hear of the good stuff going on out there and I appreciate those with a less-than-stellar week still letting me know what's going on.
Remember, it's about progress, not perfection. So don't let the poopy-licious days/weeks/months get ya down. If you can bounce back... or even just slowly ease yourself back... from some rough days/weeks and make the next week even a little healthier, then you're making progress!
Just a bit of advice based on some of the comments I received: When your time/energy/mood is not conducive to exercise or working on your fitness goals, try to at least spend a few minutes breathing deep, thinking calm thoughts and stretching a bit. It doesn't take much time or energy and, holy cow, does it make you feel a ton better! Try it next time you haven't been able to do anything else "healthy-ish" and hopefully it will help get you back on track when you're willing and able.
And don't give up those great family traditions that might include some not-so-healthy elements. Those are important family feel-good times. They usually only happen every once in a while and we just need to enjoy them and get back to our normal, healthier lifestyles ASAP!
And, I was afraid this would happen - someone reported their points without telling me who it was! So I can't award those 4 points you earned, my friend, until you identify yourself!
Let's make it a good week!
Oooops, I just checked the surveys and the anonymous reporter earned 5 points, not 4! Even more reason to let me know who you are!
ReplyDeleteAlso, another anonymous response when I asked if points were earned was, "I doubt it." I should've made it more clear that points are earned only on the monthly challenges. So, this month, you get a point for every day that you marched during one or more phone conversations. You don't get awarded points for working on your 2012 goals. You just brownie points toward hopefully getting voted as the Golden Sneaker winner!