Thursday, March 8, 2012

Challenge

First off, thanks for those travel tips. They will come in handy when I have to travel some more at the end of the month. But the main reason for my post is that I wanted to share with everyone a challenge that I have signed up for recently. Through school they are doing a Lazy Man Iron Man Triathlon. The rules are that I have an entire month to complete an Iron Man triathlon. That is a 2.4 mile swim, a 112 mile bike ride, and a 26.2 mile run. At the end I get a t-shirt if I complete everything. But that isn't what I am excited for, I am excited because I have something always staring me in the face. It isn't a one and done kind of thing. I will have all those miles staring me in the face for a whole month. And I will get to check them off my sheet after each workout. I am excited to see my progress. This will be kinda hard to get all of this in, but I am up for something challenging. Oh and I convinced my roommate to do it with me too so that I have some support. The challenge starts the 5th so I will have a little time to find my bike helmet. I didn't think that I would be needing to find that so soon. This should help me to start finding routes for cycling and such. Oh and if anyone wants to join in they are more than welcome, though I don't think I can get you signed up for the shirt. You have to be a student at BYU.

2 comments:

  1. Ashlee --

    Good luck with your Lazy Man Iron Man Triathlon. My problem is that everything sounds fun but I can't do it anymore. I love to walk and have walked for years but my feet say a decidedly "NO"! I am still able to bike on my stationary recumbant bike and that is better than nothing. That is when I do my Ensign and New Era reading. I was reading in the newspaper about some trails here in Washington that lead to some old railroad tunnels. They sound like a fun easy hike but my feet wouldn't let me do it. So, I am living vicariously through you guys. Please tell me all about your activities and I will cheer you on. Some day we'll all go walking again together.

    Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely tell us how your "lazy" triathlon goes! Hmmmm, methinks this could be a great idea for us Golden Sneaker folks. I'll have to think about how I might adapt it for one of the monthly challenges. Thanks for the idea, Ashlee, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete