When you get older and can no longer do the things you once did and still want to do, you live with your memories. It is too hard to pick just one so let me mention just a few. One of the things I enjoyed most was watching my grandkids interact with each other. They willingly went and did the things others wanted to do. They even went down to agate beach even though there were no agates to be found. They hunted for shells and jumped waves and skipped in the sand. They played games in the swimming pool. The older kids watched out for the younger ones and helped them be a part of the group. I love my grandkids. They are the joy of my life. I also enjoyed watching my own kids interact with each other. I took great pride in watching my kids and their spouses. It was fun to watch everyone's talents come out as they made Duct Tape wallets. Sharon's dishrag turned out great even if it was shaped like a triangle. I hope it gets lots of use. Everyone had a big part in the success of getting together. I'm amazed at how many were able to be there and some of the sacrifices that went into getting there. I'm really, really, really proud of my family. Thank you so much!
While I'm here, I'll report on the month of June. I can't remember much about it. I think I did fairly well the first part of the month, then other things got in the way. I know I didn't reach my goal fully that month but I do want to report that I have faithfully been doing the exercises that my physical therapist gives me and I hope it is helping. I hope that counts for something for my July report. I will report again at the end of the month.
Mom
Thanks for sharing your perspective, Mom. I didn't have any good pictures of two other favorite memories of mine: the duct tape wallets - those were great! - and the pool games: marco polo and find the stick. But they're logged away in my head.
ReplyDelete-Sharon